Féilim James through English,
Féilim Ó Brádaigh through Irish
Féilim James is a writer from Dublin, Ireland. His short fiction and poetry, through English and Irish, have appeared in a number of journals, including The Fiction Pool, The Galway Review, Icarus, and Comhar. In 2020, the Arts of Council of Ireland awarded Féilim a bursary award to finish his debut novel, Flower of Ash, as well as a Professional Development Award. A short film Féilim wrote, titled The Big No, was shortlisted by the IndieX Film Festival, and his work through Irish, under Féilim Ó Brádaigh, has won seven Oireachtas na Gaeilge literary awards.
Féilim’s themes are wide-ranging, and include identity, mental illness, guilt, human animalism, death, and humankind’s relationship with nature. He is committed to maintaining an ever-evolving and progressive approach to his work, with each book both building on the last and differing in a vital way. In other words, the aforementioned themes will change as time passes, as will their stylistic rendering.
Is scríbhneoir é Féilim Ó Brádaigh as Baile Átha Cliath, Éire. Scríbhneoir filíochta is próis, sa Ghaeilge agus sa Bhéarla, foilsíodh a shaothair in irisí éagsúla, leithéidí Comhar, Feasta, agus Tuathal. Foilsíodh aistriúcháin Ghaeilge dá chuid san iris Trinity Journal of Literary Translation chomh maith. Ghnóthaigh saothar Fhéilim seacht nduais i gComórtais Liteartha an Oireachtais ó 2011-2016, ceann le haghaidh cnuasaigh filíochta dar teideal Bóthar an Chladaigh san áireamh. Roghnaíodh é faoi dhó le haghaidh Scéim na nOidí de chuid Fóras na Gaeilge.
Selection of Publications:
- Féilim’s short story ‘David in the Rain’ published in The Fiction Pool, September 2019. Read here.
- Féilim’s poem ‘Tús’ published in the journal Comhar, August 2019.
- Féilim’s short story ‘Cogar’ published in the journal Comhar, January 2018. Read here.
- Féilim’s poems ‘The Ephemeral’ and ‘A View of Troy’ published in The Galway Review, December 2018. Read here.
- Three of Féilim’s short stories – ‘Dreamcatcher’, ‘A Warm November Day’, and ‘Getting Out’ – published in the literary journal A New Ulster, December 2017. Read here.
- Féilim’s poem ‘Ad Lucem’ published in the literary journal Tales from the Forest, July 2016. Read here.
- Féilim’s poem ‘Lasair’ published in the Trinity Journal of Literary Translation, May 2016.
- Féilim’s poems ‘An Interrogation of the Semicolon’ and ‘The Man Who Realised He Was God’ published in the literary journal Icarus, May 2016. Read here and here.
- Féilim’s poem ‘Dead Fox’ published in Icarus, December 2015. Read here.
To get in touch with me, click here.